Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spamhenge: Journal Entry

For our mid-term we were given 2 products to choose from, either spam or soap to make any sculpture that we wanted to. I decided to go with the spam because i wasn't sure if i was going to be able to sculpt something out of the soap.  At first i didn't really know what to make out of spam and i thought it was going to be kind of difficult. I was thinking and since i am an art major i decided to make something that is in the art history. I sculpted the "stonehenge."

 It was hard at first because i was doing it on a plate and the plates round edges kept making the pieces of spam knock over. So, then i cut a piece of cardboard and covered it with paper to make a flat surface. I also was not sure how i was going to keep the pieces of spam stay up to represent the stone. So, i half baked them and they stuck to the paper and stayed up themselves! I was very pleased with the outcome of my project and it was kinda fun working with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment