Friday, November 19, 2010

Running Emotions: Journal Entry


My last project was called Running Emotions. I gave my project the name “Running Emotions” because the words that are written on the beanie represent all the words that I have been called throughout my life. The positive and negative. I put the negative words on the left side because we use our right side of our brain more than the left. I try and concentrate more on the positive words than the negative. This project gave me the opportunity to reflect on my past and how much I have grown and put my struggles behind me. The emotional words are always running through my head, but I try to block then out as good as I can. I found a mannequin head that is close enough to my hair color, eye color and skin tone so that it could represent me when I present my project.

The process of making my project was simple, yet an emotional effect! I started out by thinking of colors that could represent each set of words. I went with the black on the negative side because black tends to represent something negative. I went with pink on the positive side because pink provides feelings of caring, tenderness, self-worth and love, acceptance. I cut the two beanies in half and then sewed the opposite colors two together. I then took “puffy paint” and wrote the words on each side of the beanie. I wanted to make the negative side depressed in a way so that is why I stuck with the white and black colors. The other side was the positive so I used pink,yellow and sparkles with a sequenced border to make it happy! 
I choose the beanie because it is something that you could wear, when you walk around people could see what you are thinking inside of your head, see the pain with the words that you have been called, but also see the positive and inspiring words. The project represents the human body because the words on the beanie are like the inside of your brain. I have taken the inside of my brain and moved it to the outside. People can start to understand you more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment