Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Giorgio de Chirico - Journal Entry

A quote by Giorgio de Chirico "To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams."



I really like this quote because i believe that it is 100% true. If your work is like everyone else's and is boring it wont be interesting to the human eye, there will be no engagement when viewing your work. You must think outside the box and really expand your imagination. If you come up with an idea and say "Wow, this is crazy. I've never see it done before" or "this is beyond my limits," it's really not -  you may think that but it could become something amazing and someone other than yourself can connect to it. 


When i take pictures i think about my connection to the picture. I think about what other people are going to say and i also think about the uniqueness in it. I want people to ask question like "How did she do that" or "what was her inspiration." My inspiration is nature and my eye. I love nature and when taking picture of nature, families, children or really anything i really try and tie nature into it.The beauty of nature that i see through my eye really is inspiring to my photos

No comments:

Post a Comment