Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sister Love - Journal Entry.

This is my little sister Sydnee and she is my one and true best friends. We are 10 years apart, but are so close at the heart. Since my mom and dad were working a lot during the summers, i spent a lot of my time raising my little sister. My parents were there a lot for her and raising her to -  but people say that i am like a second mother. She is my flesh and blood and can't imagine what i would do without her. There are times where she can be annoying and i don't want anything to do with her, but there are also times where she is the only one that i want with me. I know that sometimes she doesn't understand everything, but she has always been there for me giving me hugs when i'm crying or defending me or even rubbing my back while i fall asleep. She is only 8 years old, but since she grew up with 2 teenagers in the house -  she is 8 going on 21!


This year is extremely hard being away from her. She is now an only child in the house. It's hard for me because i feel a sense of guilt that i am not there for someone that she can look up to. When i was growing up my older sister was there living at home until i was 16. Sydnee is only 8 and all her older sisters' are gone. I wish i could be there for her soccer games, dance recitals, or christmas programs but i am not and that is what hurts the most. I am not there with her while she is growing up. I love her so much and i thank god everyday that i have her as my little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment