Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Journal Entry.- My Passion

My Passion is equestrian riding with my horse and her name is Fancy. I have had her for 7 years and she is the love of my life -  I know that when i get on her back she is someone that i can count on to keep me safe. When we got her she had just had a baby -  and so you can imagine that she wasn't looking good nor was she in very good shape. It was like training a horse from square one, but the people that had her before the people that  we bought her from did equestrian eventing with her so she still knew how to do somethings she just needed to be reminded.

Fancy and I have had a roller coaster of ups and downs together with bonding and training, but where she is at today was so worth it. I have put in SO much time and effort to her  - she is like my child. Teaching your new born child how to talk, walk, sleep, eat and function. It's EXACTLY like that. What got me through it all was the love, respect and passion for her. She is the type of horse that i don't just let anyone ride. You have to be able to be gentle with your hands and steer with your legs and seat. She doesn't like any movement with her hands. She is a very gentle horse and soft horse.  There were times where she had a fix ran off bucking and snarling - people where like "i don't know how you ride her" "you need to send her off to a trainer" "do this, do that" -  but the truth is i rode her with confidence and pride and thats how i got through it. I was her trainer i didn't need to send her off.

Fancy is my best friend and my true love. A horses back is as close to heaven as i can get. When i am on her back i feel as if i am flying. I feel that all my worries are gone and she heals everything. She may not be able to talk -  but she has got some ears that are good for listening. She follows me around in the pasture and she knows that i love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment